This Monday Áirc Damhsa & Creative Ireland launch Céilí in the Kitchen for Cruinniú na nÓg, Ireland’s national day of creativity for young people. We’re calling you all to have your own ceilí in the kitchen on June 13th. Over the next 4 Mondays we’ll share a series of videos to help you prepare for your own ceili. There will be
Song with Cathy Jordan
Story telling with Mikel Murfi
Music with Thomas Johnson
Dance with Edwina Guckian
The children at Áirc Damhsa will also be sharing daily videos showing what they’re planning for June 13th.
Lincoln Irish Dancers 2021 Community Ceili (Social Dance) Event
Look forward to the 23rd year of this Lincoln Irish Dancers event on Sunday, March 7, 2021! There is live music by an area band so you can dance or just listen to the great celtic music. To help you move through each dance, we provide a “caller” who runs through each set of movements prior to actually doing them to music. The setting is friendly and you’ll see smiling faces to attest to the fun folks are having. Here are a few images from the 2020 Ceili.
Travel August 2021 to the 40th annual Milwaukee Irish Fest!
The 40th annual Milwaukee Irish Fest, one of the largest, was cancelled in 2020 due to Covid-19. Watch here in early 2021 for an update on plans for a 2021 trip which would then be the 40th!
Thunder on the Plains and Excite Experiences have teamed up to bring you a festival experience you will never forget. From the amazing food and spectacular music, to the booths, shops, and cultural exhibits, the four days will fly by! Stay in a spectacular hotel downtown so you are always close to the action.
Lincoln Irish Dancers would like to extend a sincere THANK YOU to those who provided goods and services for the Raffle and/or the Irish Market at the March Annual Community Irish Social Dance (Ceili)!
Raffle donations by:
- Moran Liquor Works, 3400 A St, Lincoln, NE 68510
- Lied Center for the Performing Arts – https://www.liedcenter.org/
- Champions Fun Center – Games galore such as miniature golf, batting cages & a 3-story maze, plus pizza & finger foods. 1555 Yolande Ave, Lincoln, NE 68521
- Wahoo Knits (Anne Marie Hart) – https://wahooknits.wixsite.com/website
- Garden Flag Set (Edie Skelton)
- Ceili Bear – Suzi Kruce
Irish Market donations by:
- Sandra Stark
- Edie Skelton
- Marianne Woeppel
A special thanks to:
- Sandra Stark who sewed the lovely tablecloth used at the registration table from previous Lincoln Irish Dancer costume sashes.
- Eddie Skelton who organized and ran the Raffle and Irish Market.
- Marianne Woeppel who managed the Irish Market table.
- LID members who brought snacks to share.
- Performers who danced in the ‘half time show’
- Laura Nettland, instructor, who choreographed the ‘half time show’
- All members who helped: assisting attendees with dancing, helping take fees, set-up, clean-up, publicity distribution both before and that day
If anyone was inadvertently left off since the world has been so crazy since March, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll note your special contribution.